Virginia Tech® home

How Do I...Submit Test Scores (AP/IB) or Transcripts from Another Institution?

Test scores require institutional codes for Virginia Tech. Even if you have self-reported your test scores with Admissions, Virginia Tech still needs the official record of the scores. The same applies to any incoming credit. Virginia Tech will need the official transcript from the institution. 

To learn how to submit scores and when they are typically received at Virginia Tech, see the Registrar's Transferable Credit webpage.

To submit an official transcript from another institution such as a community college, students must contact the college or institution in which they took the course/s. Each institution may have a different method for requesting transcripts and official transcripts may or may not involve a fee depending on the institution.

New students should send their transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Email for information on where to send transcripts.

Students currently attending Virginia Tech will need to have their transfer transcripts mailed to the Office of the University Registrar at the following address for evaluation and processing of transfer credits:

Office of the University Registrar (MC 0134)
Student Services Building
Suite 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington Street SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061