How do I...Drop a Course After First Week of Courses, but Before Drop Deadline?
Students can drop a course after the first week of courses or the Drop/Add period. The deadline to drop courses is here under the Web Drop/Add Availability by semester.
Please note that after the Drop Deadline, the only way to drop a course is to request a "W" grade. This form is only for University Studies Majors.
Students can drop a course by following these instructions.
- Log into HokieSpa.
- Click on the HokieSpa tab at the top.
- Click on Registration (Add/Drop) and Schedule.
- Click on [Drop/Add] Register for Classes.
- Click on Drop down menu next and choose the current semester.
- Click OK on the Financial Notice in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the dropdown options in the Action column next to the course in which you intend to drop.
- Select Drop Web.
- Click Submit in the bottom right hand corner to drop the course. Changes are not saved unless you click Submit. By clicking Submit, you are dropping your seat and there is no guarantee that you will be able to get back into that section of the course because it will be available to other students.
- The class will show as Dropped on your schedule and the course will be dropped on Canvas overnight. There is no need to contact your professor to let them know you dropped the course.