How Do I...Add a Course During Drop/Add?
DROP/ADD is a process for students to drop and add courses via the Hokie Spa. The transaction is available only during specified dates published on the Timetable as "Important Dates and Registration Information."
During Drop/Add, students are able to add a course back to their schedule as well as drop courses without penalty. Holds can prevent a student from dropping or adding. Learn more about holds here. To add a course:
- Log into HokieSpa.
- Click on the HokieSpa tab at the top.
- Click on Registration (Add/Drop) and Schedule.
- Click on [Drop/Add] Register for Classes.
- Click on Drop down menu next and choose the current semester.
- Click OK on the Financial Notice in the top right corner of the screen.
- Students can add classes by Searching for a new course on this screen or Entering the CRN (Course Registration Number) of the course under the Enter CRN tab. Multiple CRN numbers can be added on the Enter CRN screen.
- Once the student registers for the course, it will appear in their schedule in the bottom right of the screen, however, students must push Submit to register. Push Submit. Even if a class appears on your schedule, it is not on your schedule officially until it says Registered next to the course. During Drop/Add students can add or drop classes.
- Errors may occur for students such as Time Conflict. If this is the case, read the error, then choose a different course.
- Students are encouraged to take at least 12 credit hours each semester to be considered full-time and University Studies suggests students take at least 15 credit hours each semester to efficiently push towards graduation.