Virginia Tech®home

How Do I...Apply for Academic Relief?

Academic Relief offers students the option of resigning from a course or courses taken in a particular semester without academic penalty. To apply, students must work with either Schiffert Health Center, Cook Counseling, or Services for Students with Disabilities.

  • The student must initiate the request. Parents, other relatives, or friends can NOT apply for Academic Relief.
  • Students must work with the appropriate office for their Academic Relief request. The forms and the procedures to follow re available at the websites below.