The PACKET of Orientation Information
The following information and instructions may be useful to you during Summer Orientation.
- Pathways to Success Course
- Pathways Guide
- Making Changes to your Fall schedule (Drop/Add)
- CHEM 1035, 1045 WAIT LIST (General Chemistry, Lecture and Lab)
- This is part of the first-year science requirements for an Engineering or “Life Sciences” major.
- Students should add their names to the wait list immediately, and be SPECIFIC as to why they need the courses.
- Students will not be added to a section of the course until August. DO NOT email the Chemistry department about it; just keep checking fall class schedules.
- In order for the lecture and lab to be added to a student’s schedule, there can be no more than 15 hours already showing on the class schedule.
- Most important – there is absolutely no guarantee that the course(s) will be added to a student’s schedule.
- Computer requirements: description, specifications, support, FAQ's, and links to specific departmental requirements.
- FERPA information: [form is available through Hokie Spa: log in and click on "FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Disclosure)"]
- First-year course list
- Foreign Language requirements and equivalencies
- AP and IB charts
Math course descriptions, registration instructions, and testing information:
- Math Options (Descriptions of basic math courses)
- Advanced Standing (Explanation of requirements for exemption from Math 1014)
- Math Emporium
- Math 1225 Gateways
- Math 1225: Online Calculus Readiness Test (plus Gateways for admission into 1225)
- Math 1226
- Credit by Exam (CBE): When applicable, students are encouraged to take the Credit-by-Exam for a particular math course. (A student may earn a maximum of 12 semester hours by credit-by-examination.) Refer the student to the Math Credit by Exam link in the University Studies Orientation packet.
Before leaving Torgersen Hall at Orientation, please make sure that you complete the University Studies/XT New Student Orientation Survey. Thanks!