Appeal to the University Academic Appeals Committee to allow a student put on suspension to return to classes.

Requires NON-medical extenuating circumstances.

Appeals DateMaterials Due
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
by 5:00 PM on Monday, January 8th. Phone conferences, REQUIRED, with Dr. Smith by 5pm on Tuesday, January 9th.
Friday, May 18, 2018
by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 16th. Phone conferences, REQUIRED, with Dr. Smith by 5pm on Thursday, May 17th.
Friday, June 29, 2018 by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, June 27th. Phone conferences, REQUIRED, with Dr. Smith by 5pm on Thursday, June 28th.
Monday July 16, 2018 (International Students Only) by 5:00 PM on Thursday, July 12th. Phone conferences, REQUIRED, with Dr. Smith by 5pm on Friday, July 13th.

Please note:  All materials should be submitted to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Students should call 231-8440 to schedule the required phone conference.

Agreement between student and advisor to improve academic performance.

Form to be completed by students who earn a term GPA below 2.0 while maintaining an overall GPA of 2.0 or above.

Used to "re-add" courses which have been dropped due to a financial purge.  In addition, to completing this form the student must attach a copy of the letter from the University Bursar's Office stating that tuition and fees have been paid.

Allows your advisors and other authorized university officials to discuss information in your academic records with persons you specify. Access to form is through Hokie Spa > FERPA.

Requests permission to take courses at another institution and receive credit for an equivalent course at VT.

Requests a status of Withdrawn (W) for a particular class in place of a grade.  Can be applied to 3 courses, regardless of credit hours.

Requests permission to take classes abroad and receive transfer credit at VT.

Requests a change in the time of a final exam that is NOT a common-time exam. Requires having either 3 or more exams scheduled to begin within 24 hours, or 2 or more exams with times that conflict.

Requests permission to take more than 19 credit hours.

Requests permission for a late drop (extraordinary circumstances are required for this request to be granted).

Requests permission to drop ALL classes.

Request approval for UG Research and Independent Study courses. 

Other Forms

Forms for requesting Generated ID numbers, Certifications, in-state residency, and academic transcripts are available from the Registrar's website.