Virginia Tech®home

How Do I...Drop my Final Course on my Schedule?

A student can drop all their courses, except the last one. If students need to drop all their courses before the semester begins, students can fill out a resignation form.

The only signature needed is the student's signature if completed before the semester started or by the end of the first day of classes for the respective term.

If completed during the semester, then all respective signatures will be needed in the order in which they appear on the sheet that relate to the student. For example, if a student is living off-campus, then they would not needing a Housing reprsentative signature.

  1. Print out this form and fill it out for the appropriate semester in which you need to resign.
  2. Sign the form and take it to the Office of the Registrar in the Student Services Building.