How Do I...Drop a Course during Drop/Add?
DROP/ADD is a process for students to drop and add courses via the Hokie Spa. The transaction is available only during specified dates published on the Timetable as "Important Dates and Registration Information."
During Drop/Add, students are able to add a course back to their schedule as well as drop courses without penalty. Holds can prevent a student from dropping or adding. Learn more about holds here. To drop a course:
- Log into HokieSpa.
- Click on the HokieSpa tab at the top.
- Click on Registration (Add/Drop) and Schedule.
- Click on [Drop/Add] Register for Classes.
- Click on Drop down menu next and choose the current semester.
- Click OK on the Financial Notice in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the dropdown options in the Action column next to the course in which you intend to drop.
- Select Drop Web.
- Click Submit in the bottom right hand corner to drop the course. Changes are not saved unless you click Submit. By clicking Submit, you are dropping your seat and there is no guarantee that you will be able to get back into that section of the course because it will be available to other students.
- The class will show as Dropped on your schedule and the course will be dropped on Canvas overnight. There is no need to contact your professor to let them know you dropped the course.
- During Drop/Add, students have the opportunity to add more courses by the deadline on the Timetable and students can add classes by Searching for a new course on this screen or Entering the CRN (Course Registration Number) of the course to add under the Enter CRN tab.