Contacting your Academic Advisor
How often should I contact my advisor?
First semester students are required to meet with their advisor at least 3 times during the first semester at Virginia Tech.
- First appointment should occur before October 1st.
- Second appointment should occur between October 1-28.
- Third appointment should occur between November 3 - December 10.
How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor?
We are now using the SSC (Student Success Collaborative) for you to schedule appointments with your academic advisor. Using the scheduler will allow you to book, manage, and track your advising appointments. This new online scheduler will replace your previous appointment scheduler (i.e., Scholar). All future appointments should now be scheduled through SSC. Detailed instructions and screenshots for accessing the platform and scheduling appointments can be found HERE.
Advisors DO NOT schedule appointments through email!
Who is my advisor?
NEW STUDENTS: CHECK YOUR VT EMAIL!!
- Your advisor sent an email to you in early August informing you of your advisor assignment.
- Your advisor sends emails to you frequently.
Find your advisor assignment on Hokie Spa.